[clue] Alix.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed May 23 20:14:03 MDT 2012

I thought I'd use a low power server to replace the one I currently have.  Turns out if you don't
want Sheeva you can use Alix.  About the same price, seems to perform better, no heat issues and x86
rather than ARM.  The ones I looked at came bare board rather than in a plug-like case, but they do
make cases for them.

So rather that put it in a case I'm tempted to put up a plastic version of expanded sheet metal and
tie wrap boards and accessories (switch, modem, etc) to it.  The printer and monitor have to stay on
the table thought.

Maybe I could take pictures and do a story on my blog.  If I had a blog.  Which is good incentive
for getting a new server.