[clue] Hardware (sunfire v210) pre-OS

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 05:36:12 MDT 2012

Hi All,

I think I hosed this one. I got this through ebay ($60.00) so I admit I was a little careless in dangerous operations. Got the thing
to boot over network. Realizing that there was not enough memory for recent Solaris I decided to try putting a DVD ROM in that
I was led to believe was compatible. (I fear the real bozo maneuver might have been accompanied with a knockout punch... shifting
of a loose metal pci slot cover--> found it laying on motherboard upon popping top)... Thought I might have screwed up the card reader when I popped the DVD in, but the reader works well enough for the system to know when the card itself is removed...
Anyway the system seems to display good diags but doesn't goto OBP (ok).....  Anybody familiar with sunfire v210 and any magic reset to get to "ok" ...  jumper type remedy??? I have
been reading posts that talk about fru removal in ALOM but at first glance it looks like the only fru removal at that level is
for the power supply....

Thanks,

-Mike