[clue] 17" Linux-based laptop

Wed Oct 10 10:16:00 MDT 2012

I have used SLED (SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop), and I liked it fine. I don't think it's backed by Novell any more, though.

Do you know a reputable vendor that sells big, powerful laptops with SLED pre-installed?

And to your final point, I find brand loyalism much, MUCH less threatening in the land of Free (as in GPL) software, than in the land of free (as in beer and BSD) software or worst of all, in the land of proprietary software. I don't care if people are just crazy about Ubuntu or Red Hat or SUSE. I say God bless 'em and God speed. I do NOT feel the same way about people that are crazy about Windows, OSX, Oracle, Netezza, and MapR. I have one simple reason: I hate vendor lock-in, and I've learned to recognize cages and chains.

Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.