[clue] Still Looking for a SoHo NW Sme

Yaverot Yaverot at computermail.net
Wed Oct 10 16:26:03 MDT 2012

I'm not having problems with my service, but I'm not trying to "bridge" either, I just set the port forwarding. HTTP, HTTPS, and some high port I've designated for bittorrent; definately not port 25 for email.

I started my service under Qwest, and I got an Actiontec M1000, instead of the other model they were also offering at the time so I could be certain my wireless was under control of my linksys.  It is a residential account.

I haven't paid for a static IP, but it only changes every couple weeks or when I reboot that device, whichever comes first.  I map my subdomain to my IP with dtdns.com, and after a few months setup a script to check every 5 minutes if the IP has changed.

Admittedly, I can't use my public IP (and therefore the subdomain.domain.tld) to connect to the server within my home, from my home; last time I checked the modem/router said "that's me" and gives me its config page. And checking now... hitting the public IP from within the house just times out, no config page (good) but not forwarded to my server either (bummer).