[clue] A small meeting.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Oct 10 19:45:45 MDT 2012

Last night's meeting was small and cozy.  That was good--since it was a little chilly out the 4 of
us were able to fit comfortably around the campfire we built in McAfee's conference room.  David
Willson gave an excellent, no slides presentation on fire starting.

OK, just kidding.  But there were only 4 of us.  And David did do a presentation without slides (he
hates slides).  And it didn't suck.

We talked a bit about git but didn't demo it or otherwise build anything.  One thing I found very
useful in converting the web site was that it's really easy to edit the history in CVS (as in sed
will do it).  So when I didn't want some history in git I took it out of CVS and then did the import.

git isn't nearly that convenient (by design of course).  So if you have a git project just plan on
it becoming public some day and don't put any secrets in it.

We also talked about installfest, which seems too useful, easy, and in demand (as opposed to our
regular meetings...) to be sitting on the shelf.  So who wants to host one?  8 hours on Saturday is
about all you've got to loose.

So what should we talk about next month?  I can keep trying to hit people up, or you can hit them
up, or you can just volunteer.

Now I have to go figure out if git archive can read a remote repository instead of running inside one.