[clue] low overhead distros?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:39:38 MDT 2012

If you are used to Ubuntu, another good option is just plain ol' Debian if
you need it to be lightweight. You have more out of the box control of what
packages get installed / used. You can also just use an older Ubuntu
release. 10.04 is a good choice. Since it's an LTS release it's still
supported, but it runs much better on low-spec machines than current
releases.