[clue] Passwords (was Re: Website and git.)

Vincent Randal vtrandal at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 12:29:26 MDT 2012

I'm joining this discussion late. Not sure I understand the full import of this thread but I will say this ...

On NPR yesterday there was some talk about password management. I dealt with this problem a few years ago by permuting a couple pieces of info. I have many passwords and I remember none of them. I figure them out based on a pattern (permutation). Is this good or bad? The info used in the permutation is a private piece of info and a piece of info derived from the account I want to access. The private info and permutation is known only to me. I have tons of strong passwords.

I hope I've not derailed this thread with my comment. Carry on good people.