[clue] Speaker for 12 March.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Apr 2 17:45:35 MDT 2013

David L. Willson wrote:
> Git/Gitorious/SVN - feature comparison - Rosetta chart

I think that's a good topic.  Perhaps adapt to the audience whether to do more git/svn howto or more
gitorious/github/<whatever svn has>.

I saw a blog from a college kid, "I haven't put the code on github yet but I will soon...", which I
read as "I haven't bothered to put the code in git yet."  It may really be that he hasn't bothered
to set up a spot and doesn't want to think about naming or whatever, but the latter is just
unacceptable in the 21st century.

In fact people are finding out that git does a lot of things besides versioning your source code.
So if you can't make a git repository, clone someone else's, and push/pull between them, go learn.
Really.  Just go.