[clue] Immediate Need

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Apr 12 16:41:41 MDT 2013

David L. Willson wrote:

> This scenario of over-stating job requirements is pretty common. I'd even say that I see more
> "purple squirrel" job recs than technically accurate ones.

Yeah, you shouldn't expect to meet more than 80% of the requirements.  If you do, where's the room
for growth?

If I saw a req that looked like a job I wanted to do at a company I wanted to work for I'd apply,
and do everything I could to get to talk to someone to convince them that I was the person they
wanted even though they didn't know that when the wrote the req.  It's hard to know what their
priorities really are, whether they really know what they need, and whether they have any other
candidates.