[clue] Two new linuxes (to me)

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Wed Aug 14 07:31:29 MDT 2013

David,

I actually run Arch on my desktop.  One of their best features, even if you
don't use Arch, is their wiki.  Having a rolling updated distribution, I
find it great but you have to be willing to deal with the downsides.  I
can't tell you how many times I have run into strange new dependencies,
broken updates in the Arch User Repos and sometimes just strangeness
overall.  I find Arch to be exciting as it is always on the bleeding edge
and the wealth of knowledge on the wiki is great.

As for Bodhi, I love it as a VM image.  It is so light and quick that it
works very well.  I don't use Enlightenment as a desktop manager so I find
a direct switch to it a bit difficult.  However, when spinning off light
weight graphical VMs, it is perfect!

Dan