[clue] Upcoming talks.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Aug 28 13:34:50 MDT 2013

It's been a quiet summer thanks to the McAfee move (and my own) in July and my 5 weeks in a row on
the road.  But we're getting settled, McAfee has space for us again, I'm starting to fiddle with my
Pi mail server, and we have some talks scheduled.

Sept 10th: Denis Perkins on DokuWiki

I need a new wiki so I might try this one.  It's PHP :-( but I'm curious how it manages versioning
and what markup it uses.  I'd like to convert my existing wiki and those seem like important points.

Oct 8th: Art Reisman on commercial products with Linux.  Art gave a great talk years ago on the
Linux Bandwidth Arbitrator, which has become the NETEqualizer product.  Mark your calendar now, you
don't want to miss this one.

Nov 12th: I've had a request for more talks on Raspberry Pi.  I can talk about running basic
services (web, mail, print) and/or building your own image with debootstrap (I learned some cool
tricks doing that).  Or you can talk about ... Or you can ask for someone to cover a topic and we'll
see who we can scare up.  I hear there's some interest in hardware mods.

I'd like to know more about where Freedombox is.  If you haven't heard of it we could screen one of
the talks available on line.