[clue] USB power supply.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Dec 3 14:01:01 MST 2013

I bought a USB power supply (plugs into the wall, has 2 USB ports for power) but it doesn't work
very well.  It seems to fall over after leaving it running a Pi for a while.

As I was thinking about replacements it occurs to me that I have some old ATX supplies that have 5v
outputs.  I looked a bit for a little board with 4 or so USB jacks that I could hook up to one.  I
didn't find much but there ought to be something used to extend the USB headers on a motherboard out
to the case.

Then I realized that I have an old USB 1.0 hub and that should work fine for giving me 4 ports,
since all I need is power.  So then I only need one jack to connect to the supply, or I can cut the
end off the hub.  I think I'll work on that a bit.

Anyone know a better way?