[clue] USB power supply.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Dec 3 15:16:02 MST 2013

Jim Ockers wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I have a wall jack that has 2 USB ports built in (and one normal 110VAC outlet).  I use it for
> charging phones with no issues.  I'm not sure if it would be stable enough for a Pi though.

Yes, that's the sort that I got.  It's supposed to supply 2A, so I could run a Pi on each port (one
port is labeled 2x, so it might supply 2A itself but I don't need that).  But after running for a
day or so the LED starts to flicker and the Pi stops running.

I could try getting another one, or the "just for Pi" ones that MCM sells.  But I'd like to have
more than one port per plug.  And like I said, I have parts that would fit the bill.

As a bonus I'd get to see how much 5v current my power supply can dish out.  Not 300W worth I'm
sure, but surely at least 20.  And perhaps if I add a HDD I'll power that off the same supply rather
than using a separate one.