[clue] bash scripting question

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:17:33 MST 2013

My google fu is failing me, see if I can describe what I'm thinking.
I think in Python ( I might be wrong) array[-1] means the value on the end
of an array.  Essentially, you're appending to the end of an array, array
with two values becomes three, array with three values becomes for.

Essentially what I'm asking, is there a way in bash for an assignment
statement to do the same thing?  Just add varX to the end of an array?

I know I could set up a loop for example, just use a counter variable that
increments up once each time you write to the array,  but my instincts are
telling me there should be a simpler method.

Mike