[clue] Buying pi.

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Tue Feb 26 10:46:06 MST 2013

Hi Dave,

I've done a lot of work on ARM (via OpenWRT build kit) and I was
wondering if you can build the distro under the ARM environment (on the
Pi itself) or if you have to cross compile on another system then copy
the files?

I thought many times how it would have been convenient if I could have
built packages under a fully operational ARM dev environment, just like
we do for x86.  Basically I'm wondering if there is a *devel set of
packages including native gcc for the Pi.  Maybe gcc can't run without a
MMU or something?  I never looked into why it didn't exist.

Jim

--
Jim Ockers, P.E., P.Eng. (ockers at ockers.net)
Contact info: http://www.ockers.net/