[clue] Buying pi.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 26 14:21:19 MST 2013

Jim Ockers wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I've done a lot of work on ARM (via OpenWRT build kit) and I was
> wondering if you can build the distro under the ARM environment (on the
> Pi itself) or if you have to cross compile on another system then copy
> the files?

mh and MH have pretty well answered your question I think.  I'm not sure whether the Raspbian
buildd's are ARM or cross compiling.  I'm trying to avoid building things because the Pi is slow and
I don't know how to cross compile (but it seems there are adequate resources to learn).

Another option is to build in qemu.  So that's a little more native and a little less slow.