[clue] Slow Pi installs.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 26 16:46:48 MST 2013

Gary Romero wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Have you tried loading the Arch image? It's a much smaller footprint.

No, I use Debian so I prefer to stay as close to that as possible.

I have no complaints that Raspbian includes what it does--it's a good system to showcase the Pi.
But I don't do HDMI yet (nor a powered USB hub) so it isn't really what I want.

It would be nice to document the things I mentioned, by way of giving back to the community (and
they likely benefit any distro that has a Pi version).

It's disappointing that Debians ARM port is v7 while the Pi is v6, and that v7 ARM chips only come
in phones (expensive devices).  But Raspbian has solved the build infrastructure, just need to prod
them over the hump to offer a wider variety of installers.