[clue] LPIC Courses

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Mon Jan 21 12:11:49 MST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:19:43 -0700
> From: Mike <mikedawg at gmail.com>
> Subject: [clue] LPIC Courses
>
> > Does anyone know of any decent local places to take LPIC courses?
> > Perhaps a good online course would do?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Gary Romero
> >

> Hi Gary,
>
> I just took part 1 of the test last week, and plan on taking part 2
> tomorrow. Most of my training material came (outside current
> knowledge) has
> come from CBT Nuggets; however, just looking at the pricing of the
> CBT
> courses now, it might be a little unreasonable; unless you can ask
> your
> employer to help with the costs, or something similar.

Gary, Mike, and others:

My recommendation would be Rob Tracy's latest book on the LPIC-1 level.  It is up to date as of last year in meeting the criteria, though at times I have to wonder if the editor was paying attention in doing his/her job on the grammar side. ;-)  Comes with a CD that has the book PDF'ed as well as some video lectures as well.

There are some "dated" materials for LPIC-2, but nothing that is recent (and in English) if you search around a bit.

HTH some.  I might have more pending later this quarter on behalf of Linux ETC as well. ;-)

--- Crawford

--
The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.