[clue] good pci wireless linux card?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Jan 23 13:28:38 MST 2013

Mike Bean wrote:
> A friend of mine asked for advice, I didn't really know what to tell him.
> Can anyone recommend a good linux wireless card?  Unfortunately, has to be
> PCI - he only has a PCI slot.

For a long time I used a $10 USB dongle.  It was somewhat spotty, perhaps because the antenna
sucked.  But it was in a spotty computer so what do you want?

I currently have a PCI card that does 802.11n.  It's awesome, perhaps because it has an external
antenna.  lspci says: Broadcom Corporation BCM4321 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)

I saw a web site that said this card was $100 but I got it as a hand-me-down.