[clue] New Hackerspace in progress - Longmont

Mike mikedawg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:27:59 MDT 2013

Hi All,

Been doing a lot of work in Longmont; working on building a hackerspace.
I'm not sure how many people are near Longmont; however, I've been a member
of this list (and Boulder's) for about 6 months, just because I enjoy
watching the linux community in action.

As part of this movement, we have chosen to do classes to get people
involved with the group as well. I'm not sure how much of this list may be
in Longmont, or if folks are even relatively close to Longmont, are
interested in a drive up to Longmont. We are planning to potentially put
together a linux class.

I think initially we can start with introductions, maybe work on some
installs, and sort of gauge the groups interests. We have space lined up on
Saturday's at the Longmont Police Station at 225 Kimbark St (
https://www.google.com/maps?q=225+Kimbark+St,+Longmont,+CO&sll=40.16795899989814,-105.09800829058253&sspn=0.12291964176483818,0.2884479871897973&t=m&dg=opt&hnear=225+Kimbark+St,+Longmont,+Colorado+80501&z=16
).
In future classes, again, depending on the groups interests we can aim for
more, or less complexity, maybe something like studying for the LPI/Linux+
exams, or different topics. We have the space at the Longmont Police
station from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM, but I'm definitely looking at starting the
class/group session at 1:00 PM.

If anybody can let me know their interests in such a group, it would
definitely be appreciated. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up
this Saturday in Longmont for this group!

Thanks

--
Mike