[clue] Fwd: materials on SSL [SOLVED]

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:23:02 MDT 2013

Thanks all.  We finally figured this out.  Among other things what was
complicating the issue was that we had more then one version of openssl on
the system, and what documents we had were hopelessly out of date.   Icing
on the cake, it was given to me, someone with little experience with tomcat
OR SSL.    (On the bright side, over the course of learning about all this,
but those facts have changed = )

Short answer, is exactly what Rossi said it would be.  It doesn't matter if
your cert is self signed, you CA.key and CA.crt still needs to be trusted,
and openssl won't trust a self-signed cert by default unless it is in the
proper directory and is linked to the hash!

Thanks for letting me vent on the mailing list guys, I know I spammed a
little yesterday.

Mike Bean