[clue] deploy, configure, & manage

adam bultman adamb at glaven.org
Thu May 23 15:56:53 MDT 2013

Ditto re: puppet and spacewalk.  I love it.   I make my own kickstart
scripts, which adds the system to spacewalk, adds the puppet packages,
and then puppet does the rest for me.

For my VMs, < 20 minutes from the time I type in 'linux text ks=....',
I'll have a fully functioning server - serving data, that is.  I did
four web servers like this in the past couple of months.

On 05/23/2013 01:44 PM, Warren W. Weiss wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2013 11:38:34 -0700 (PDT), "Mark G. Harvey"
> <markgharvey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Got a Sys Admin question: �I'm looking for recommendations /
>> suggestions to�deploy, configure, & manage�a couple dozen CentOS
>> machines across Development, Staging, Production environments.�
>
> I've used Puppet combined with Spacewalk...and Nagios for monitoring if
> you like that kind of pain.
>
> I plan to add JobScheduler to the mix.
>
> --
>
> </W>