[clue] Group buy for BeagleBoneBlack , RBPi and accessories

Alex samide absamide at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 14:27:21 MDT 2013

Looking at the table at http://roboteurs.com/beaglebone-black-vs-raspberry-pi/

The BeagleBone Black is the new version of the standard BeagleBone board. It has the same smaller form factor that fits into an Altoids can and supports all the currently existing Capes that are made to fit the predecessor.

	* Faster processor on BBB (1Ghz Cortex-A8 vs ARM11 700Mhz)
	* It has 2GB of Flash built into the BBB due to development environment and to match up with previous BB products.
	* Only 1 USB on the BBB, but a USB hub is probably common for both.
	* Peripherals is where the BBB appears to have a sizable edge since it has the Capes that most BB boards support which the Pi is still limited on.
Otherwise they are very similar boards.  I suppose it would depend on what your intent for use was as to which would be a better selection.  I would say the extra $10 for the BBB is probably worth it.