[clue] a networking riddle

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:37:28 MDT 2013

Well, what do the logical groupings of servers have to do with the network
topology? What exactly lies between server A and B? Are there any weird
tunnels? Do all the switches support jumbo frames? All the routers
correctly translating between networks?

MTU is a fiddly thing, and if every device in the path isn't correctly
configured you will get weird behavior.

QH