[clue] Just plain handy.

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Sat Apr 19 20:58:32 MDT 2014

Time is an illusion.  Tea time doubly so.

> So how would you do that on your smart phone (assuming you're running the
stock OS)?
In code? or from a ui?  There are plenty of web pages that'll do that.

I have spent my share of debugging working out odd issues related to time
and date offsets.  Many computer systems have bad clocks that are not
synchronized to anything.  To say nothing about actual timestamp formats,
timezones and so on.
It's a swamp out there. Everyone seems to think it is easy and everyone
seems to get it wrong.

Here is an interesting, if old blog post for your amusement.

http://infiniteundo.com/post/25326999628/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-time