[clue] impersonation

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Wed Apr 23 02:21:56 MDT 2014

David:

>> The simple solution is to use Cloudera 5.0 which supports a better permissions system than stock
>> unix perms.
>
> HDFS has ACLs in 2.4.  But you knew that.

Yes, and if they worked anywhere near as good as what Cloudera has implemented, I would have recommended them. But thus far the performance hit is noticeable and the CLI management of them is cumbersome at best. Now I will admit that I have only been playing with the ACLs over the past three days, but if you have had different results I would love to hear about them.

1200 users
1.1Pb of data
31 groups
about 170k files