[clue] \boot\grub\grub.conf - versus \etc\grub.conf

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:11:06 MDT 2014

Something I'm confused about.   I'm trying to put passwords on grub, and
for the longest time I couldn't figure out the issue.  There's something
different that I won't go into, but what I'm really curious about is I
noticed that on systems where the password was working properly,
/etc/grub.conf and /boot/grub/grub.conf were the same thing.  On systems
where it didn't work, they were not.

Does anyone understand the relationship between the two files?    Is
/boot/grub/grub.conf generated automatically, do I just need to make sure
to overwrite both locations with the correct file by hand or by script?

Mike B