[clue] Color linux laser printer recommendation?

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 23:40:03 MST 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Quentin Hartman <qhartman at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you do end up needed to scan, see if it has a "scan to server" option.
> Typically they will scan a document then save it as a pdf or jpg directly
> into a cifs share. It's what I use at work with my Dell MFPs, and it works
> great.
>
> QH

Thanks for the tip. They have something that interacts with some Windows
"ActKey" software, but I haven't deciphered how to have it go straight to a
samba share yet. Strangely, when I tested scan to a computer pointing to
the Windows box it went into my daughter's account, which isn't even an
administrative user. But Windows has never really figured out a multi-user
operating system, so I figure she was the first one logged in when it
booted. I'm hoping to eventually get it to scan to linux, but it also has a
scan to usb option which is also pretty useful.

--
Andrew Diederich
andrewdied at gmail.com