[clue] SMTP Question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Dec 5 11:41:35 MST 2014

Yeah, I did a check and made sure my IP wasn't on any of them. I have
made sure to fully implement SPF and DKIM over the last week. Ever
since, things have improved. I can email yahoo and hotmail directly now.
I also reached out to both providers after finally finding the proper
places to do so. So, in between reaching out to them and implementing
DKIM, one of those things started allowing traffic to flow through to
their servers once again.

On 12/5/2014 6:38 AM, Mike Shoup wrote:
> [...]
> senderscore.org or senderbase.org? It's possible, that while you're not
> blacklisted, your IP has been assigned a poor reputation.
>
> Mike Shoup
>
> On 12/01/2014 05:53 PM, Mike Staver wrote:
>> Sorry for the slow response here - I've been investigating my options.
>> I'm beyond frustrated that this just started occurring. Yeah, I have
>> everything configured correctly - PTR records, SPF, etc. I do not have
>> DKIM set up yet as some as suggested, but I will do that next. What I'm
>> considering doing now is this:
>>
>> 1) For all domains that currently work, continue to send email as normal.
>>
>> 2) For domains like hotmail, yahoo, and any others who are blocking me,
>> I want to configure sendmail to relay via smtp.comcast.net.
>>
>> In order for that to happen, I've found that I can't just send email
>> through their server without creds. So far via googling, I've found how
>> to send specific URLs to smtp.comcast.net for relay. I've also found out
>> how to configure sendmail to use a smart host with authentication. What
>> I can't find is how to do both at the same time. Meaning, I only want to
>> use the smart host for specific domains. I just can't find the proper
>> syntax example to accomplish that yet, but I'm still looking.
>>
>> I've spent the last several weeks talking to Comcast, and they
>> completely blew me off. They are claiming that they aren't the
>> responsible party for my problems, and they are partly correct. Trying
>> to contact Microsoft and Yahoo has been a complete waste of my time.
>> When I email them, I get an automated response and no action. Calling
>> the various numbers Comcast came up with led to disconnected numbers and
>> voicemail hell with no return calls.
>>
>> On 11/14/14, 10:02 AM, Ryan Naef wrote:
>>> Mike,
>>> Do you happen to have PTR records in place to the domain you are sending from?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ryan Naef
>>> Systems Administrator
>>> Web Development
>>>
>>> Direct: (303) 532-4536, (303) 682-3621
>>> Toll Free: (866) 764-8324
>>> Fax: (877) 495-9165
>>> Email:rnaef at aspdd.com
>>> Web: aspdd.com
>>>
>>> This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and contain information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error or wish to be removed from the Email list, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

>>> Hotmail