[clue] VMs on laptops.

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 00:59:31 MST 2014

Interesting question. Now I am curious to do further investigation about what I have been playing with
lately. I have been using VirtualBox 4.3.6r91406 on a Dell Inspiron 15 with pre-installed Windows8 (plus some recommend upgrade to 8.1 I think). The laptop has corei3 processor. Anyway just from an initial look at the Solaris11 VM I have been running the indications for that guest describe its system as

Acceleration: VT-x/AMD-V, Nested Paging, PAE/NX

for whatever its worth... I used an appliance download of the OS from Oracle Downloads as a starting
point.

-Mike