[clue] Raytheon in aurora hiring

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:11:09 MDT 2014

It depends on the org, I've seen cases where employers have gotten
clearance for new hires if they are a really good fit, but that's becoming
increasingly rare. The "Standard path" these days seems to be to start
working for an org that does classified work, but on non-classified
projects, and then get transferred to a classified team / contract /
whatever.

Another way in I've seen is to do work for an org that deals with
classified data that isn't strictly military, like USGS or some other
scientific group. They are usually more willing to get people they've just
met classified because the stuff they work with isn't "really secret", so
they don't think of it as being a big deal.

http://govcentral.monster.com/security-clearance-jobs/articles/413-how-to-obtain-a-security-clearance