[clue] CLUE talks

foo7775 at comcast.net foo7775 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 22:06:41 MDT 2014

OK, I'm approximately 98.78% sure that I'm going to regret this, but...

How long are CLUE speakers expected to talk?? I've been "dinking around" with Linux (well, the RH/Gentoo variants) for a number of years, but I've never felt as though I've had enough knowledge in any one area that I felt like I could reasonably offer suggestions/advice to anyone else.

However, due to a peculiar set of circumstances in my current position, I've more-or-less been _forced_ to become my business-unit's "SME" on a topic that no one else knew anything about, & to be real honest, I've thought that -as much as I've benefited from others who have been willing to help me out- maybe I could kind of "pay it back" a bit. I'm *SURE AS HELL* not saying I'm an expert on the topic, but like I've said, I've had no choice but to learn enough to be functional, & to do a decent amount of troubleshooting, so I'm fairly sure that I can be of *some* help to the "average" Linux user... (And what the hell, that'll fill one month's "speaker" position, right??) ;-)

Oh, the topic that I've had to deal with?? Not *entirely* sure how many people will be interested, but it's 'printing from Linux'. I don't know about anyone else, but until the last little while, I looked at printing from Linux as something that was vile, nasty, evil, & profoundly *wrong* in a very-basic sense. (OK, in all honesty, I *STILL* see it that way...) I'm sure that a number of people on this list are "old hats" with this - but if there are any others who have consciously avoided this subject on their own systems, & who would be interested in learning some basic competency, I'd probably be willing to see if I could help others the same way that I've been helped...

(OK, make that ninety-NINE.78%!!) ;-)

T.