[clue] CLI curl and what is different.

Christopher Cross g1ccross at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:34:49 MDT 2014

I have the same script on two different machines. One is Fedora 19 and the
other is CentOS-6.5. The script uploads a CSV to a web server where is is
processed by a PHP script. This can take almost 2 Hours to complete.

On the Fedora machine the script that uploads the file uses curl to do the
upload then uses curl to hit the page that starts the processing. It will
continue to run until the processing is done. This is great because now I
know when I can start my next job without walking all over the one that
took 2 hours.

The same script on the CentOS machine stays on the process page for about a
minute. It then exits without error. The processing is still working on the
web server side as far as I can tell because the DB is getting new records.

I thought it could be the Curl versions but I updated the CentOS box with a
newer version and it did the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas on what
could be different on the CentOS machine?

Thanks,

Christopher Cross
g1ccross at gmail.com