[clue] Baker Neighborhood Broadband Options?

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Tue May 20 12:07:46 MDT 2014

I've been a USWest/Qwest/Centurylink DSL subscriber for about 14 years
at my current address. I believe I've had one minor speed upgrade in
those 14 years, when Qwest went from CAP (Cisco 675) to DMT (Cisco 678).
On the upside, a "SOHO" type arrangement with static IP, etc etc, is only
a tiny amount more.

I'd rather not have to deal with Comcast, as I'd have to go with some
"small business class" service to get the static IP address that Centurylink
sells me for some token amount per month. My cost would go up dramatically,
and Comcast is rumored to have worse service than Centurylink, which makes
me shudder.

What are my other options for home or SOHO service in Baker neighborhood
in Denver?  I'd like to get more than DSL speeds, but I'd also like to keep
my SMTP, HTTP and SSH server under my home office's desk, just so keep up
my skills, and to be able to experiment.