[clue] certificates, startssl.org

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:07:33 MST 2014

All,

I'm still not sure if I'll make it tomorrow to the meeting (weather and
work being the primary variables). If I do, I am a notary for startssl.org
and an assurer for cacert.org, where you can get free S/MIME (signing &
email) certificates. (The first is in more browsers and OS's than the
second.) If you're interested, sign up for one or both, request I
notarize/assure you (especially important for startssl!), and bring a
couple of government issued ID's like driver's license, passport, military
ID, social security card, birth certificate, carry concealed weapons
permit, etc.

If you do it during the day tomorrow I should be able to print off the
forms before the meeting. If I don't make it (see weather/work, above) we
can meet up eventually. I amble between Parker and Aurora, and occasionally
am in Colorado Springs.

In a perfect world we could get enough people in CLUE to be able to quickly
get enough points for anyone interested in getting a fully
notarized/assured set of certificates, but I can get anyone a good start on
it.

--
Andrew Diederich
andrewdied at gmail.com