[clue] Vega Strike on Ubuntu Trusty

Thu Oct 30 08:58:22 MDT 2014

Oh, shoot, I forgot the Vega Strike repository.
Here are the lines for that:

$ echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/klaussfreire:/debian/xUbuntu_12.04/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vegastrike-data.list
$ curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:klaussfreire:debian/xUbuntu_11.10/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
$ sudo apt-get update

---

Vega Strike wants an oldish version of libboost that is not available in Trusty.

Adding a Precise mirror gives access to older packages.

This might work to fix many similar problems.

These lines add a Precise mirror, and make the system aware of the packages in it.

$ echo "deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu precise main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kernel.org.precise.main.list
$ sudo apt-get update

Then, if you want to install Vega Strike, you could use this line:

$ sudo apt-get install vegastrike vegastrike-data

And, if you want all the blingies of it, too, you could use this:

$ sudo apt-get install vegastrike-extra vegastrike-music vegastrike-speech

I haven't played Vega Strike yet. I've only played "Let's install Vega Strike". I hope VegaStrike is as much fun as "Let's install Vega Strike".

Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
http://sofree.us

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.