[clue] Moving to Git Lab [was: Talk on 2015-04-14.]

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Apr 30 11:51:33 MDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 10:18 -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> >
> > FYI - gitorious is going away in May.  It was bought by GitLab.  So
> > you'll need to migrate.  GitLab has an import button that should make it
> > easy but it took awhile before it worked for me.
> >

> So I made an account at Git Lab.  I push the New Project button and then the gitorious.org button
> (to import a project) and I get a 500 error.
>
> Any advice?

Verify you can still checkout from gitorious.org.  They made some other
change recently to support read-only access to live beyond the May
deadline, and that may have screwed things up.

They really didn't handle this too well, IMHO.

Worst case:  create the repo on GitHub and manually push your local repo
upstream to it.  It's essentially all they do with that import button.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>