[clue] Video for mobile devices.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Aug 23 21:16:24 MDT 2015

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Have you given Handbrake a try? I don't know much about Samsung devices.

So that seems to work at first blush--picking the andriod presets.  I tried comparing its settings
to VLC but they don't seem to match up very well.  Wish I knew what was different between the two.

Poking around it seems like the Note 3 supports MPEG-4 with AVC for video and AAC-LC for audio.  But
trying to set that in VLC doesn't seem to work.

Maybe video formats are just too complicated for the average user to understand.

Thanks for the suggestion!