[clue] Video for mobile devices.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Aug 24 09:04:25 MDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-08-23 at 21:16 -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Poking around it seems like the Note 3 supports MPEG-4 with AVC for video and AAC-LC for audio.  But
> trying to set that in VLC doesn't seem to work.
> Maybe video formats are just too complicated for the average user to understand.

You're build of VLC just doesn't support it, likely.  Have you tried
other video players?  Try MX Player, which has some add-ons for hardware
accelerated playback depending on your hardware.  That's what I use on
my LG phone and Samsung S3 tablet.  Works fine for me with rips from
Handbrake.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>