[clue] Video for mobile devices.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Aug 24 16:36:18 MDT 2015

Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-08-23 at 21:16 -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
>> Poking around it seems like the Note 3 supports MPEG-4 with AVC for video and AAC-LC for audio.  But
>> trying to set that in VLC doesn't seem to work.
>> Maybe video formats are just too complicated for the average user to understand.
>
> You're build of VLC just doesn't support it, likely.  Have you tried
> other video players?

Sorry, the problem is with ripping to a format the Note 3 will play (with the default player, not
really looking for another unless someone points out a compelling reason).

So I was using VLC to do the ripping/converting.  The difference between that and handbrake seem to
be the magic behind the presets.  So I was kind of hoping for a recipe to make VLC produce something
the Note 3 would play.

handbrake is OK since its presets work.  The next question might be, if I want to use 1280x720
rather than the preset value of 720x480, what recipe is needed to get that to work?  But maybe I
won't bother.

Thanks though!