[clue] Video for mobile devices.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Aug 24 18:59:31 MDT 2015

Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> Are you using the Handbrake GUI or the CLI?  I don't have them in front
> of me but I'm pretty sure the GUI makes it pretty easy to change the
> dimensions of the rip.  At least I think it does.

Yes it's obvious how to do that in the GUI.  But at this point I have little confidence that
different settings will work with the video player (and little patience for trial and error--I do
too much of that at work).

My lack of confidence is largely because the presets are a black box.  Some work, some (equally
likely sounding) don't.  No telling what the difference is (I looked at mediainfo but there are too
many differences to tell what matters).

Guess that's what I get for using a) proprietary software that's, b) largely used by people who are
used to paying $10 to play DVDs on their non-mobile devices.