[clue] December talk

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Dec 8 09:04:12 MST 2015

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> I told Dave that I can give a talk tonight since my schedule has changed. I've been playing with
> OpenVPN because I want to access my home computer when I am on the road, so I can talk a bit
> about it. The talk will be totally ad hoc because I was not planning to do this. And if any of
> you are familiar with getting Windows to talk with Linux, maybe you can give me some advice.

Woo hoo, we have a speaker!  I'll update the web site now.

I've set up Windows to talk OpenVPN to a Linux server.  It should be the same as setting up a Linux
client, just a few settings in the config file (unless they've changed things in the couple years
since I did it).  I used certificates for authentication so I made those on the Linux side.  And
it's being used by non-technical people.

Unfortunately I can't make the meeting tonight.  I'm triple booked and church gets the tie breaker.