[clue] CentOS new user experience.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Dec 21 16:46:17 MST 2015

Romero, Gary wrote:

> Yeah, this was silly hard to find (seriously, it took me a while since
> its really buried on a busy page): https://wiki.centos.org/Download

Thanks all.  Glad it's not just me.  I would have made my comment to CentOS but there wasn't and
obvious way to do that.  I considered filing a bug but that seemed to require an account and it
wasn't certain that the bug tracker covers the web site.

> It used to be that the DVD ISO button took you directly to the mirrors
> list where you could actually download the full ISO's. During a talk in
> Fort Lauderdale a while back, a RHEL sales rep mentioned that RH had not
> figured out exactly what they were going to do with CentOS other than to
> keep paying the devs to build it in the short term. Based on the state
> of the website, I'd guess that statement still stands.

So RH is paying the CentOS devs?  How bizarre.  I'm sure the devs are happy to take the money but
why would RH care?  I'd think CentOS would exist even if RH didn't fund it.