[clue] Possible speaker for next month

Daniel Hallau dghallau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:43:46 MST 2015

Hi all,

Last night at the meetup at McAfee it was mentioned that the group needs
speakers.

There's a group here in Denver that is trying to get a meshnet started and
they already have a couple nodes up and running.  I thought it could be an
interesting topic to hear about so I reached out to Jonathan, one of the
project leads.  Some of the things he would likely cover (his words):

"While setting up this project I have learned a great deal of cool stuff
about how WiFi works, and I could give a presentation about the
technologies and ideas that I have come across so far. These include:

- WiFi basics (Rx, Tx, dBm, dBi)
- RF Propagation (That Denver dry, thin air does wonders for this project)
- 802.11 encryption (WPA, TKIP, etc.)
- Fresnel zones
- cjdns/B.A.T.M.A.N./DHT and how it relates to traditional networks
- FCC regulations on WiFi signals
- 900 MHz vs. 2.4GHz vs. 5.8GHz"

Is this a topic that CLUE would be interested in hearing about??

The one hang up is that because he is a student that goes to school out of
state, he will only be here during his spring break (late feb- early
march), which unfortunately does not coincide with the traditional 2nd
tuesday of the month that CLUE meets.  He is available the first tuesday of
next month (March 3rd).  Would CLUE be up for pushing the meeting to March
3rd next month for this topic?

Thanks!

Dan Hallau