[clue] LAMP + Nagios on Pi?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:08:41 MDT 2015

The newer stuff offers lots of HA options, some are NAgios config
compatible, most are nagios test compatible. The biggest win is the
additional flexibility, the ability to more easily add and remove nodes or
tests from the config, and the much simpler configs themselves. They are
just much more well suited for environments where things change. Most of
these tools are not nearly as mature as Nagios, so I think Nagios has
plenty of runway as a viable monitoring platform, but unless it evolves in
a major way, I think we're all going to be saying "remember Nagios? I used
to...." in no more than 10 years time.