[clue] Chromium.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Mar 10 13:18:47 MDT 2015

Duncan Fedde wrote:
> 2) Chrome seams to be the preferred browser among developers.

So that's about the same statement that prompted my post.  Why do you think that?

It's nice to see the stats.  But they don't differentiate developers from anyone else.  So are you
just saying that more people use chrome so more developers must too?

I'm a bit surprised that chrome is so popular.  I can understand that it could easily take share
away from IE but it seems to have done the same to Firefox.  Maybe because Google's apps are a lot
more popular than I know?

I don't think that Chrome is Free, at least as far as DFSG.  And there's no Debian package for it so
I'm fine sticking with Firefox.  And if that's what I run on Linux no need to do different on my
work computer.

So maybe everyone runs Chrome because everyone thinks everyone runs Chrome.  And vice versa.