[clue] Live image with persistence

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Mar 11 11:12:19 MDT 2015

Jim Hodgers wrote:
> I tried to create a live image on a pen drive for my PC. This works fine but does not save
> anything because the live image does not have persistence.

SFS is having a pi day event: http://www.sofree.us/?p=167636

You could ask whether they'd like to help you with this during their event.

It's a long drive from BV.  But there's pie.  So it's probably worth it.

I think the directions at

http://www.linux.com/community/blogs/133-general-linux/420179-creating-a-debian-live-usb-flash-drive-with-persistence-for-non-techies

will do what you want.  I can understand that they may be hard to follow.  You could always try them
and ask here if you get stuck on a specific step.

Following those directions requires a linux machine.  But you should be able to do them using your
current live image.

Does that help?