[clue] Centos & Brothers Printers

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:41:18 MDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Mike Shoup <mike at shouptech.com> wrote:

> I have a Brother HL-5250dn that works over the network. I found an HP
> LaserJet 4050 driver actually works better than Brother's own drivers for
> Linux. I don't recall why I specifically use the driver for a 4050.
> Probably doesn't matter much which HP model the driver is for.

Mike, I wish I'd known that trick before! I used a 5250 for several years,
and pretty frequently would get errors trying to print anything with
graphics. It started to misfeed, so I got an OKI DataMC362W, color LED,
duplexer, scanner/printer. (It probably has fax, too, but I don't need
that.)

I'm running opensuse 13.2, and I downloaded the drivers off the UK or
Australia sites -- the US one didn't have the same linux drivers available.

--
Andrew Diederich
andrewdied at gmail.com