[clue] Moving to GitLab.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon May 18 17:24:43 MDT 2015

foo7775 at comcast.net wrote:
> Hey Dave, for those of us who haven't previously concerned themselves with "our code", what does
> that encompass? (It sounds a bit intriguing...)

All the stuff behind what you see on the web site.

I think they did a decent job on the style sheets.  There's some PHP to make things modular.  I
think there was supposed to be a database so that adding content (like archiving presentations)
would be easy to do in a browser but that was a bridge too far.

The code used to be in CVS and we've looked for a web master a couple of times.  It seemed like CVS
was a stumbling block, maybe because it also required using SSH and text tools (pserver either
stopped working or we decided to use SSH keys for authentication at one point).

So I eventually moved it all into git (I think the CVS history is still there).  That way we could
share it more easily.  I've gotten a couple of push requests (thanks!) but like most Open Source
projects we pretty much have one contributor.

Feel free to have a look.  I guess GitLab does some CI stuff and maybe testing but that doesn't make
much sense for us.  Be nice to have tests that we don't have broken links or missing files but this
certainly wasn't designed with that in mind.