[clue] c5-testing repo broken.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Oct 26 17:14:38 MDT 2015

Why is the Centos c5-testing repository broken?  Or, how do I find out what rpms were installed from
it (without using it while it is broken)?

Our server is running "CentOS release 5.11 (Final)".  On 9/30 the c5-testing yum repository broke
and I get this:

$ sudo yum check-update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
  * addons: mirror.solarvps.com
  * base: mirrors.tripadvisor.com
  * epel: mirror.steadfast.net
  * extras: mirror.trouble-free.net
  * updates: centos.mirror.nac.net
c5-testing/primary_db                                                          | 1.2 kB     00:00
http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/repodata/8596812757300b1d87f2682aff7d323fdeb5dd8ee28c11009e5980cb5cd4be14-primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno -3] Error performing checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure:
repodata/8596812757300b1d87f2682aff7d323fdeb5dd8ee28c11009e5980cb5cd4be14-primary.sqlite.bz2 from
c5-testing: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I say the repo broke because the files updated on 9/30 and our cron since then gets this error.

Google found one other person with this issue but the answer was, "not our problem" because he asked
in the wrong place.

Obviously I can ditch that repo but I wonder what we're using it for.

Any ideas?

Thanks!